Tier 1 Creative Technical Consultant
Storm Applied Technologies is seeking a full-time 1st-level creative technical consultant with expertise in technical support of web programming to interact with customers on a daily basis, promptly responding to all inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Our future team member will provide reliable long-term solutions tailored to our clients' needs. You must encourage the sale of all company products at every opportunity and apply exemplary customer relation skills that promote a superior company image. The successful candidate will provide information to customers about product features and substitutes when asked, including basic training. Original creative thought is required in every situation.
- Respond to any and all inquiries about Storm Applied Technologies.
- Website design and updates through our Content Management System (CMS).
- Minor graphic design
- Social media marketing
- Proper software configuration of clients' computers according to the “Storm Build” process.
- Provide on-site technical support and training.
- Deliver and install technical equipment
- Training our customers on cloud computing workflow using Document Management Systems, Content Management Systems, Social Networks, Google Apps and Smart Phones.
- Handle all entry level requests by clients. These include clients who may be:
- persons with disabilities
- newcomers to Canada
- aboriginal people
- members of visible minorities
- persons who are homeless or street-involved
- other groups with social or employment barriers including literacy/numeracy
- to children/youth
- On occasion, you may be asked to assist with basic labour work as needed by the other divisions of the Storm Group
- Valid driver's license and access to personal vehicle
- Graduating or in process of graduating in the next year from high school, technical institute, or university with 75% or higher academic average.
- Desire to pursue a career in technology or multimedia
- Knowledge in the following programming languages: HTML, CSS, JQuery
- Knowledge in the following social medias: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr
- Knowledge in the following software: OpenOffice (fallback: MS Office), Mozilla Firefox/Google Chrome, MS Office, MS Windows
- Basic computer troubleshooting skills
- Punctual, with 3 or less missed school days in the most recent semester of school.
- Genuine passion, positivity, and pride in your career.
- Clear communication skills, including excellent grammar, writing, and documentation skills.
- Exceptional planning, and analyzing skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a very dynamic industry and absorb new information efficiently
- Knowledge in the following software: CorelDRAW (fallback: Adobe), Linux, Windows Movie Maker
- Knowledge in the following programming languages: PHP, MySQL
- Knowledge of cloud computing through Google Apps
- Knowledge of firewalls, DNS, email, and web servers
- Knowledge of networking computers through software and cable/wireless
- Artistic ability with supporting portfolio
- Knowledge of art & graphic design theory and processes
- Special consideration will be given to volume and quality of extra curricular activity involvement.
- Special consideration may be given to individuals with disabilities or visible minorities.
The qualified applicant will earn $16-20/hour, based on experience, plus have the opportunity to earn bonuses throughout the year based on business profit earnings. You will be placed in a probationary status for 6 months, at which time a formal review will be conducted and bonuses may be rewarded.
The above requirements will be performed in either a climate controlled office environment, on-site at clients' offices, or at various social gatherings. Pending client request, work may need to be performed outside normal working hours.
Benefits & Perks
Face-who? Storm strives to maintain an envious culture that brings a little piece of Silicon Valley to Regina. As such, you will have access to:
- Your success means our success, and vice versa - we freely give performance bonuses for innovation, creativity, initiative, and service!
- Flexible hours and ability to work remotely
- Gaming on our 8-foot screen
- Music on our 300 watt sound system
- Foosball tournaments
- Stormee slush beverages
- Resource library and invaluable free training opportunities
- Private usage of services from the rest of the Storm Group
- Technology hardware at cost
- Comfy leather chair and latest tech goodies
Have You Got What it Takes?
All applications MUST include: resume and cover letter with impeccable grammar, portfolio, and the word "imagination" somewhere (to prove you read this ;-) )
If the link doesn't work, email careers <at> stormgroup.ca
Deadline for Applications
March 1, 2017